Fattoria Le Fonti Chianti Classico DOCG, 2017, 75CL

$150.00
SKU: 850461
Sub region: Tuscany
Variety: Sangiovese
Rating: Wine Advocate 90

The Imberti family is originally from the province of Bergamo and for five generations has operated in the wood importation and processing industry. Over 50 years ago Vito Arturo Imberti fell in love with these hills, a love that was crowned by the purchase of Fattoria Le Fonti.

Today his children Franca, Ferdinando and Giovanni, and his nephew Mattia tend to the over 140 hectares estate, of which 27 are vineyards, cultivated according to the principles of organic farming

Chianti Classico: 100% Sangiovese, with vineyards exposed to south and south west, planted at 300m of altitude in the western part of Chianti Classico area in Poggibonsi. The soils are loam and rich in stones.

Fermented at 28-32°C, followed by a 10 days maceration. After malolactic is completed 30% of the wine is aged in 225L oak barrels for 11 months and the rest 70% stays in stainless steel tanks. The wine is further matured in bottle for 6 months. Organic