Xanadu Chardonnay, 2018, 75CL

$220.00
SKU: 620028
Sub region: Margaret River
Variety: Chardonnay
Rating: Wine Advocate 91

Xanadu was established by Dr John Lagan, an Irishman who arrived in Margaret River in 1968 with his wife Eithne. Less than a decade on in 1977, the couple planted their first vines, establishing one of the region’s earliest vineyards.

Over the last 40 years there has been major investment in modern winemaking technology. Still a family owned and operated winery.

70% of the 2018 Xanadu Chardonnay is estate grown in the Wallcliffe while the remaining 30% was sourced from mature grower vineyards from Wilyabrup, Wallcliffe and Karridale.

The grapes were whole bunch pressed followed by 100%-barrel fermentation in French oak (25% new oak). Wild fermentation was encouraged. The wines mature for 9 month on the lees, with constant stirring but no malolactic.